Canker sores (or scientifically known as Aphthous ulcers or Aphthous stomatitis) are very small ulcer craters in the lining of the mouth, which can cause serious discomfort to anybody. These sores are usually found on the lining of the mouth. It can be very painful and sensitive. On the other hand, there is no known and proven specific cause to canker sore. However, there are some conditions and elements that could have canker sores as a side effect.
There are multiple ways on how to get rid of a canker sore. You can try medications such as Anbesol, Oragel and others. But you probably want to stay away from chemical medicines since these drugs may contain ingredients that can be harmful to your health. So, to avoid health risks, try natural ways on how to get rid of a canker sore.
How to Get Rid of a Canker Sore with Home Remedies
There are several home remedies and treatments you can use to help you on how to get rid of a canker sore. Buy trying these home remedies, you can ease the pain and speed up healing.
- Saltwate mixed with Sodium Bicarbonate. Saline and baking soda reduce the bacteria and alkalinity of the mouth. Mix 1 teaspoon salt with 1 cup warm water. Put it aside and make a paste of baking soda. Prepare half a teaspoon of baking soda in a separate container and add few drops of water. Mix it until the paste gets thicker. Once you’ve done the paste, add it in the saline solution. Swish the solution in your mouth for 30 seconds and then spit.
- Hydrogen peroxide reduce mouth bacteria. It is one of the most effective and natural ways on how to get rid of a canker sore. Mix water and hydrogen peroxide in a cup. Dab the canker sore with the peroxide. NOTE: Don’t swallow the peroxide solution.
- Plumjuice is another natural way on how to get rid of a canker sore. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of plum juice in a cup and use it as a mouthwash. Or, dab cotton in plum juice and press on the canker sore.
- Wet tea bag can be an effective way on how to get rid of a canker sore. Press the tea bag on a sore for several minutes. Generally, tea bags contain tannic acid that helps relieve the pain and eventually cure the canker sore.
- Sage can be used as a mouthwash and a natural way on how to get rid of a canker sore. Make the sage into a tea and use it to rinse your mouth several times a day.
Many More Natural Ways on How to Get Rid of a Canker Sore
There are more natural remedies you can find at home that you can use as ways on how to get rid of a canker sore. Generally, canker sores go away on its own within 4 days or less. But if it is a side effect or complication of a certain illness, make sure you go to your medical doctor for help on how to get rid of a canker sore.